Well, looking to see if there was a kluge to prevent the disaster to my home network that the power outage caused.
I noticed that my desktop is set to LAST for power recovery. Then I remembered that it is the only system with a UPS link, and that the UPS probably told it turn off moments before it stopped completely. So, when power returned, it stayed off.
So, browsing through the event log.
I see power blinked a couple times around 00:38. But, later went out completely at 07:36:21.... And, then 11 minutes later (@ 07:47:03)...it reported that my network connection dropped. That would be the overworked UPS the runs my Linux box, the WiRNS/DVArchive/Poopli Server and all my networking equipment. Perhaps an upgrade or a spreading of the load is in order.
30 seconds later, my machine started its shutdown. No immediate plans to replace its UPS....
No idea when the UPS for my phone stuff tanked....Might move the network stuff over to that UPS. And, put the old APC 500VA UPS back into service for the WiRNS/DVArchive/Poopli Server.
Don't really want to buy more UPSs.
Pages: 1· 2
This question came up while I was on holidays....
I had clipped an article a while back, but couldn't recall the source. So, I've decided it was time to put the details somewhere that I can find it.
Well, I finally got of my lazy tail, and booked the cruise that I want to take on June 20th.
Gonna see Alaska.
I guess I waited one day too long, because the 1 night hotel pre-cruise stay wasn't available anymore. So, I'll have to settle with hoping that I can make it in on time by air on the day of the cruise start.
Hopefully it won't be like my Xmas trip to Calgary. Though 5 years ago when I went on my last cruise there were also weather related flight delays and I came very close to missing the start of my cruise.
My winter trek to Calgary was a disaster.....
First it was the cab ride to the airport. Heard on the radio that it was a Level 2 Snow Emergency. While working our way to the airport on I-270, we got cut off and first swerved behind a slow moving truck in the left hand lane...and had to continue the swerve until we hit the wall.
We were stuck. Had to wait for another cab to come and pick me up to continue the ride to the airport. But first the state troopers wouldn't let me go because they insisted on an accident report. He was insisting that it was a Level 3 Snow Emergency and that the airport was closed. But, I had checked and the airport was saying they were turning flights around on time. And, listening to the radio in the second taxi, they were still saying it was a Level 2 Snow Emergency for Franklin County.
Anyways...I arrived a little after 8am...for my 8:51am flight...so I might still make it. Except I had too many electronic gadgets in my carryon, so they had to spread everything out for extra passes through the x-ray machine. But, I still made it to the gate with about 10 minutes to spare.
Only there was nobody there. And, nobody around at the previous gate either.
Turned out American was having problems with their airplanes. The 8am flight to ORD was stuck in the gate in need of maintenance and when they finally unstuck the tires....and brought in the other plane, there was apparently a battery problem so it went back to the hanger for work.
After much delay.....the 8am CMH->ORD flight finally departed the gate around 1pm. There was enough vacancies on the flight that everybody for the 8:51am flight (my flight) got rebooked over to it. The 8:51am flight had been rescheduled for 2:30pm. The annoying thing was two other CMH->ORD flights, while delayed...both left before the 8am flight did. But, those were full planes. CMH->DFW was oversold, so they were offering $250 vouchers for people to give up seats.
The DFW bit only means something later.
Now, it should be noted that the flight crew for the CMH->ORD flight was DFW based.
Meanwhile, my connecting flight in Chicago to Calgary left on time...10:35am. Definitely missed it.
Well, I'm about to embark on my annual trip to visit my parents. Despite some misgivings about the whole thing this year..... :?
Hopefully the weather won't mess things up too badly....Winter Storm Warning, Blizzard Watch, Snow Emergency....got about 3.5 hours to the flight. Hopefully I can score a taxi first.
But, I'm going to where it'll be colder.....Calgary. And, the bad thing is the cold air system that will hit Calgary after Xmas...will probably follow me home....
Latest Poopli Updaters -- http://lkc.me/poop
|<< <||> >>|
netflix ebay progressive «tivo hd» raid box replaytv linux 10.04lts b2evolution twitter «windows 7» «air purifier» dsl lhaven «doctor who» upgrade virtualbox orac cfengine3 tivo «watch instantly» «sans digital» mdadm «chicago tardis» raid1 «instant streaming» ups freebsd usb voip cpap quicken cox ubuntu tv woot tardis backuppc amazon.com «hd movie» «powersource 400» «windows xp» zen boinc prescription «amazon prime» dvd eyeglasses appletv