Decided it was time to finally at least install TurboTax, so I could maybe start contemplating doing my taxes.
Except I couldn't get it to install. setup.exe wouldn't run, application error....ntdll.dll. As much as I hate it, I rebooted a few times.
The hate is because iTunes 7 has been weird....sometimes
iPod Service will get stuck, consume lots of CPU, and iTunes will never detect the iPod, and I'll have to request it to be Safely Removed. Though I have noticed that it seems more likely to work if I boot the computer with iPod attached, but not my Blackberry.
Finally, I booted up in SAFE MODE...and was able to get the installer to run.
Pages: 1· 2
For over a week, I haven't been able to get mail from my MyRealBox account. pop3 is refusing connections. While this had happened before, for shorter periods....turns out Novell is transfering the service away from them...and an email that I can't retrieve via POP3 explains it all.
If I hadn't decided to see if Novell was still in business !!! I wouldn't have found out.
Though it hasn't quite been the same for a long time.....not only am I seeing spam on this account, but there is starting to be more spam than actual messages....and sometimes it is all spam.
Pages: 1· 2
One pretty annoying aspect of my Blackberry 8703e, is its lack of battery life.
With my old 7100t and its original CS1's (800mAh)....I could get ~2.5 days of lite usage (with auto off periods). Something I tried to do when I went off on a two-night trip and forgot the USB cable.
The new 8703e uses the CS2's (1000mAh)...but I'm lucky if I get a day of no usage out it....often I be close to running out before the day is done...at my usage is probably considered lighter compared to most people.
Plus lately, I've been waking up to find the phone has discharged itself down to 3 bars. Some weird problem when it is connected by USB to my computer, auto-offs from midnight to 5am.... It has been weird with this phone, etc. ever since I got it. With this kind of handicap....there is no way I can make it to the end of work.... Worse are the mornings where it is in the redzone at the start.
Have to disconnect/reconnect to convince it charge again. And, I've been making sure that it is 'charging' when I dock it at night. So, it is probably a bug in the software on this unit.
Sure, I could maybe discontinue use of the auto-off timer...though it isn't a risk I'm ready to take here....plus silence during my 5 hours a sleep is a desirable thing....
Pages: 1· 2
This is the weekend, I was gonna sit down and play around with WiRNS's UserTimeZone feature just in case I have resort to this to keep my ReplayTV working...since I hadn't heard a peep from DNNA on when they would make the fix.
But, they released a new KB article last night on this problem. I wonder when they plan to tell their entire user base about it. Or do they expect every single person to call at their own expense to ask for the details...much like how the Indiana DST change was done.
Or word of mouth between ReplayTV users....
Hmmm, I guess I just passed the word from my mouth....
Occurred to me that I should see if there's a DST impact on my Palm Tungsten....
Turns out a simple enough change in general preferences on adjusting how DST is observed at my location.
It was a little more complicated for Datebk5, but a quick check of the support site yielded the necessary info
Third time's the charm...received another batch of memory after I was forced to escalate my claim with PayPal, because they were going to otherwise automatically close the claim (on February 9th) as resolved with the only option to keep the issue open is be escalating it.
The first time, I couldn't POST. The second time, it did...but died overnight and then was really unstable after that. So, this time I wanted to 'burn-in' for 48 hours before I would declare the memory as working.
Though there was a pretty good sign this time that it would. The first two times they were unlabeled sticks of memory, so I could only assume that they were at least close to being compatible memory for my Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2.
This third time..the memory was labeled. And, it was the same OE (and P/N series) as the original memory. In fact its an upgrade from the original memory....because these sticks were made in the US, while the original memory from Dell was made in Singapore.
Pages: 1· 2
It slipped my mind that I would need to patch my Blackberry for the upcoming DST change. Perhaps because it is only a few months old.
I suppose I should update my old Blackberry...even though I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Can't quite get around to selling it, even though a unlocked 7100t should go easily....
Wonder what else I've forgotten about that'll need or won't cope with the DST change....
Well, I decided the way to get the boxes at work to handle the new DST is to create a new timezone.
This is what I used:
# Rule NAME FROM TO TYPE IN ON AT SAVE LETTER/S Rule US 1967 2006 - Oct lastSun 2:00 0 S Rule US 1987 2006 - Apr Sun>=1 2:00 1:00 D Rule US 2007 max - Mar Sun>=8 2:00 1:00 D Rule US 2007 max - Nov Sun<=7 2:00 1:00 S # Zone NAME GMTOFF RULES/SAVE FORMAT [UNTIL] Zone US/Central-New -6:00 US C%sT
The pre-2007 part is lifted from an old tzdata source file, and is just so that the system will know that DST isn't in effect yet.
Now fingers crossed, these old production servers will have the correct time in March....
Latest Poopli Updaters -- http://lkc.me/poop
|<< <||> >>|
cox usb tardis 10.04lts amazon.com freebsd tv backuppc netflix mdadm «air purifier» «chicago tardis» eyeglasses «instant streaming» boinc replaytv «sans digital» lhaven «tivo premiere» «windows xp» appletv b2evolution «watch instantly» ebay linux virtualbox twitter «tivo hd» box «doctor who» tivo raid1 prescription ubuntu cpap migration staples upgrade dvd «amazon prime» woot «windows 7» ups cfengine3 «hd movie» orac «powersource 400» raid zen dsl