A couple weeks ago, I got a new center channel speaker via Woot and while setting it up and readjusting my surround sound levels....I discovered that my rear speakers weren't working.
I've been using an Accurian HomePlug Digital Audio Transmitter/Receiver to run my rear speakers, and I have a remote controlled switch for the rear unit....which defaults to off when it loses power. But, I looked and it was one. I power cycled everything and checked all the connections, but nothing.
Guess the unit is dead. Not sure if I can secure another one....but pretty much can't think of any other way to have wireless surrounds. I've done the RF method to death. 900MHz, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz....all with poor to no results.
But, having recently strung wire along the ceiling to bridge the gap for my home network...I decided to look at this method to run wire to my rear surround speakers.
I looked around a bit here and there, and tried to decide how best to get the parts delivered to me. And, settled on buying speaker wire and 3m command adhesive cable clips on eBay. Specifically looking for the shippers that use USPS, so that I could get the bits without having to walk to the UPS store.
Today, having stayed home from work for my birthday...I set out to string up the wires.
Discovered that the speaker wire I had purchased was somewhat thicker than I expected...so a little big for the cable clips that I had purchased. But, I strung them up anyways....hopefully it'll stay up. I'll probably make note to acquire additional/bigger clips in the future to reinforce things.
But, I now have working rear surrounds again.
Pages: 1· 2