Probably less major effort to merging customizations into this update, partly because it wasn't that long ago that I merged 5.0.9 into my site. When there are diff patches, I tend to merge those into my site...while the bigger releases its figure out how to reapply my customizations to it. Though there wasn't a huge amount of change between 5.0.x and 5.1.x, within the areas that I had made customizations to.
One area of extra work was updating my skins to the new versions, not as bad as 4.x to 5.x was, but there were enough changes that I had dig around a bit to see what was going on and what was still needed.
The old skins should still work unchanged, but sometimes things break between versions...or things change slightly. I use three main skins for this setup. I had some time ago, made my own copy of 'custom' to avoid constantly recustomizing it after any update. And, I had settled on making a skin based on 'evocamp' for another. It was originally based on 'emerald' which was a 3rdparty skin, so there hadn't been a separate copy then. Which is probably why I didn't make my own copy of the 'photoblog' skin. Though since I used the Advanced tab and such to make most of the customizations to it, there was minimal adjustments to make to it. So, after updating my copies of the 'evocamp' and 'custom' skins. I shoved the new version up to my web host.
Ran the updates, and it largely worked. There were some oddness with
$allow_redirects_to_different_domain. Eventually came up with values of the first two that seemed to work right, and set the last to 'always'. Multidomain is kind of messy still. If
$baseurl, changes with HTTP_HOST, Blog URL doesn't work unless none of my blogs use $baseurl. Plus there were oddities with logins or backoffice. Perhaps there needs to be another option for
$allow_redirects_to_different_domain, and that is to allow them to a configured list of allowed domains.
The final bit was to make some readjustments to
style.css, for my main site (based on 'custom'.)
And, then one more bit...the more and next-page toolbar buttons are missing....back patch those into
_quicktags.plugin.php, even though the internal version didn't change.
Pages: 1· 2
What a pain that upgrade was....it kept change files and directories to really weird permissions. Like setting perms on index.php to 0, or themes directory and the themes/default directory to 311 (d-wx--x--x), and changing the parameter for CHMOD_VALUE to an $conf['CHMOD'] which is undefined...from its previous value of 0755. There were other places it had changed to perms to 0, etc. It was also complaining that it wanted log files to be 0600, but they are set to 0600...except for debug.log which it had changed to 0.
Eventually, I cleaned up the mess and as soon as I got the setup to show the go button, I clicked....ignoring the other warnings...such as mysql with hosting provider meets minimum requirements but not preferred. or that it thinks files already set to strict perms is wrong and that I should set them to strict (which was part of why things were being changed to no perms at all....)
Things seem to be working again.
I think I should get back to hunting down photos and filling in the empty albums, and see if other photo sets should go up....
Latest Poopli Updaters -- http://lkc.me/poop
|<< <||> >>|
lhaven dvd dhcp raid1 ups tivo mdadm «sans digital» «windows xp» ebay orac «powersource 400» appletv «chicago tardis» dsl «instant streaming» cpap «tivo hd» progressive b2evolution freebsd boinc «amazon prime» 10.04lts upgrade netflix linux zen «doctor who» replaytv woot cox raid «windows 7» backuppc usb tardis twitter box ubuntu amazon.com tv «tivo premiere» «watch instantly» eyeglasses cfengine3 «air purifier» «hd movie» virtualbox prescription